UVB NB Systems are available from off-shore vendors in China, Brazil, Israel, Europe, Australia and many others.
I do recommend that you be very cautious for several reasons:
The offshore vendor may be (usually is) offering product(s) that are not approved for use or sale in the USA.
- Products from these vendors are sometimes stopped by US Customs and or the FDA and are typically rejected and you are out of cash!
- If there are are any warranty issues, returning products for testing/repair can be very very expensive!
- If there are any legal issues then dealing with foreign vendors can be a problem.
- If you are foolhardy enough to purchase overseas then always use a credit card so that if necessary you can try to get any payment or part of a payment reversed by your credit card company.
- Some of these companies say “No Prescription Needed” – This should be a red-flag to you! All UV Ultraviolet systems require a prescription in the USA. If you purchase a non-FDA certified product then you may be in breech of sevreal laws.
- Just because the lamps used are possibly FDA Certified, this does not mean that the system or final product is.
- Check the voltage and frequency. Here in the USA we use 115V 60 Hz. A lot of offshore products operate at 220V/50Hz
There are several vendors/manufacturers here in the USA and we all sell devices that are 510K Certified by the FDA.